No baking experience and I’m no artist either but I managed to bake few cakes that I created from nothing to yummy and average looking cakes.
I was inspired by my daughter and Lola’s Cupcake to bake so I started gathering basic baking tools and ingredients; baked (red velvet) 2-3 trials a day until I reach the texture and taste that I am happy with.
Trials and error and I must say more YouTube and more website to compare their ingredients and processes really helps. At the end I can bake and create average looking cakes that I know most of the recipients are happy with.
“Baking is just another endless crafty but yummy world.”
Tips for beginners:
- Find the flavour you want to bake and focus in it to start with.
- When buying tools don’t get to excited THEYRE ADDICTIVE and be practical as they’re quite pricey.
- Check online, websites and YouTube as most bakers post processes, techniques and recipes online.
- Join baking groups online (Facebook) they are handy and useful when you need ideas and advise.
- Subscribe from baking magazine with free stuff.
- Warning: soon you’ll be lack of sleep and 2 or 3 am bed time will become regular especially weekend.
- Enjoy every minute of baking.
I recommend the following websites for recipes and guides.
Few of my bakings: