Its dull here in London today but it was a fine day to spent it in Hampton Court Palace with my sister’s family and our Dad. The palace itself is beautiful, clean and well equipped; and the gardens are all well maintained and they’re all pleasing to our eyes.
Hampton Court Palace is a must see and a great place to visit for day trip especially family day out…both adult and children will enjoy the place. We enjoyed our adventure today especially the small but fun maze.
The Palace is closed to Richmond Park and Kingston Area were we finished our day trip by having our late lunch (in Kingston) about more or less 9 minutes away (by car) from the palace.
- Buy the tickets online at least a night before- we managed to get it for just £9 per adult, £4.50 for a child above 5 years old while 5 below is free; it’s cheaper than getting it on the day as they charge £20 per adult. We did save a lot today with money and time by doing so; you will also need to print out your own ticket.
- Parking within the premises is £1.60 per hour while just by the bridge I’ve heard that you can park for £3-£6 for a day.
- Pack snacks and lunch. There’s a lunch area in the ground floor for everyone to use; I think it’s nice of them to provide two rooms with tables and chairs. There’s a cafe inside but it’s a bit pricey £3 for a hot coco while £2.80 for a cappuccino.
- The ticket you paid for let you access almost everything especially the maze.
- You may finish your day by either visiting Richmond Park or River Thames in Kingston as it’s close by.
So glad we finally came to visit this place thanks to my sister for encouraging us to come out today…I guess it’s not too early to start visiting and driving to new places again.
Happy days x